QTP Question 02: What's New in QuickTest Professional 8.2?
- Keyword View: Lets you easily build and maintain tests without writing VBScripts.
- Auto-Documentation: Provides improved test clarity and the ability to view test steps in plain English.
- Step Generator: Allows you to quickly insert custom-built functions into your tests.
- Mercury Business Process Testing: Enhanced integration with BPT -- Business Components, Scripted Components, and Application Areas.
- Enhanced Expert View: Provides greater efficiency when generalizing test components.
- Action Parameters: Allows you to generalize testing actions for greater reusability.
- Data Parameters: You can now specify test or action parameters to pass values into and from your test, and between actions in your test.
- Open XML Report Format for Test Results: Test results are now stored in an open XML format, enabling you to easily customize the reports according to your own requirements, and to integrate the test result information with other applications.
- Unicode Support: Lets you test global deployments of your enterprise applications.
- Function Definition Generator: You can use the new Function Definition Generator to generate definitions for user-defined functions, add header information to them, and register functions to a test object.