QTP Question 39: Differences between QTP & Winrunner?
- QTP is object bases Scripting ( VBS) where Winrunner is TSL (C based) Scripting.
- QTP supports “.NET” application Automation not available in Winrunner
- QTP has “Active Screen” support which captures the application, not available in WR.
- QTP has “Data Table” to store script values , variables which WR does not have.
- Using a “point and click” capability you can easily interface with objects, their definitions and create checkpoints after having recorded a script – without having to navigate back to that location in your application like you have to with WinRunner. This greatly speeds up script development